Saturday, July 11, 2009

summer fun in milwaukee

The older two boys got back a few days ago from an almost week-long stay at Nana and Papa Dave's. It was great! Not only did the boys have a blast, I'm pretty sure the grandparents had fun too. Chad and I got to feel what it was like to have just one baby again. It was sooo quiet around here. I was planning on getting a lot done around the house, but you know how that goes. Ben was clingy so I didn't get my stuff done but that was ok because I could just sit and hold him all day. No one else needed me.

The boys were entertained everyday all day. They went to the playground, Miller Park, the zoo, Katie took them to a festival and so much more. I'm guessing they saw tigers at the zoo because Alex keeps talking about them. They went to the police station where Papa Dave works and got rub-on tattoos which, to them, might have been the highlight of the trip. Jack got very upset when his started coming off and said in between sobs, "Nana's doesn't come off." Then I told him, "They put Nana's on with a needle." He kind of let it go at that point :)

On a sad, unrelated note: one of our farm dogs, Abby died yesterday. Chad buried her at the farm in the back yard. I'm sure it was one big hole 'cause she weighed over 100 lbs.

I'm falling asleep typing this so I think I'll go lay down now. . .gotta sleep when the baby does (especially when it's after 11 at night).

No comments: