Sunday, October 23, 2011

hockey

Alex had his first learn to skate practice on Sat. and it was hilarious! I wish I would have brought my video camera. There were 15+ kids floundering out on the ice. So funny! Alex did really good for the first half and then had to go potty and then didn't want to go back out. We finally got him out on the ice again and he took off. He didn't want to leave and couldn't wait to come back. Next time I'll bring my camera (and cappuccino and blanket) and get some good shots.

Jack even said it looked like fun and he would like to skate, so Chad and I took the oldest 2 to the arena for open skate.  They both did great--Alex has improved for this being his fourth time ever on the ice and Jack did awesome for his first time.  He has to do everything perfect on the first try so he's out there trying to race people (including his brother, big surprise) instead of actually learning how to skate. Even when Jack fell down, he would have a smile on his face. I was so proud of him for getting out there and trying something out of his comfort zone.  They both want to go back so I am calling it a success!!

1 comment:

Nanu Dave/Papa Dave said...

I want to skate with the boys!