Monday, November 3, 2008

big boy bed






We just switched Alex over into his big boy bed a couple of weeks ago and, knock-on-wood, it's been going great.

Our plan is to move Alex into Jack's room after the baby comes, but for now to get used to it, we put a mattress on the floor in Alex's room so we can still leave the crib up. We'll probably split the bunk beds for now because Alex climbs the ladder to the top bunk but can't get back down. I'm sure we'll have plenty of falls from the top bunk over time, but I really don't want the first one to be with a two-year-old splitting his head open while I'm home alone with three children ('cause you just know that's when it would happen).

Here's a couple of shots of my guy enjoying his first nap in his new bed.

I know, the outlet right next to his head isn't optimal, but he doesn't bother it, so it's ok.
This last one is blurry, I know, but it's too cute I had to post it.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very lucky...we STILL have issues with Anna and her big-girl bed. Oh well...