Friday, March 21, 2008

i'm dreaming of a...

...white spring? Come on! Woke up this morning to about 5" of snow. SNOW! I was just beginning to get excited about spring. Cleaning up the yard, seeing how my flowers and plants fared, thinking about what plants to get from the Amish this year, putting up the awesome new play set for the boys, but NO. More snow. I'm sure it'll melt quickly, but still... This has been a long winter compared to what we've had for the past 10 years. Oh well, you remember what I said about complainers from WI?

Tonight I gave my first haircut. We bought some clippers and decided to cut the boys (and maybe Chads) hair at home to save a little money. Jack was my first victim and it didn't turn out too bad! My dad cut his hair last summer and it went well, so we'll try it again. He wouldn't let me take a picture yet, but maybe tomorrow. I'm going to do Alex and Chad's hair this weekend so we will see how that will go. They both have such large foreheads I'll have to be careful how short to go. Success or failure, I'll take pictures.

Not much planned for this weekend--Chads at John's Saturday. Maybe a movie and haircuts, and hoping to get some stuff done around the house on Sunday. I was thinking about a super simple scavinger hunt for Easter baskets for the boys, not sure yet.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter!

No comments: