Monday, April 20, 2009

nachos and dogs

Ya know, I really didn't think my belly was that big until Chad took the 37 week shots. I looked at them and was like, no way! I guess it does look like I'm smuggling nachos (it's from a Taco Bell commercial for those who don't get it) under my shirt, doesn't it!?!

We are having some pet issues at our house right now. Chester, our dog, wasn't feeling very well and I noticed in his poo (yes, a good mother always checks the poo) that he had eaten raisins. Raisins are not good for dogs. They cause renal failure and there is usually nothing they can do for the animal unless you can induce vomiting right away after they have eaten said food. Since it had already gone through him, I kinda thought this might be it for our first 'baby'.

He had some vomiting and wasn't eating very well, but he seems to be doing better if that's even possible. He's been peeing witch is great--that should mean his kidneys are still working. The vet said we could come in and run some tests to see if he is shutting down, but we chose to wait it out. I love my dog, I really do but after getting almost $700 in medical bills in the mail for me and the kids (oh and trust me, there are a ton more coming) we didn't think it was necessary to spend money to tell us if he was going to die or not. I'm pretty sure we could figure that out for ourselves. He looks good and I hope he continues to get better!

No baby yet--I have an apt. with my midwife tomorrow at 5 so I'll try to update my progress (if any) tomorrow.

No comments: